Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waking Up Alive

Guess who's back??

It's been several weeks since my last post, but I swear it is not due to laziness this time.  I had a 3 week long battle wtih my stomach and my lungs, and I finally won!  It may have costed me a few thousand dollars, but I am determined to make the best of it.  I feel like a new person!  And I have discovered the cure to many common prooblems.

Are you struggling to quit smoking cigarettes?  Here is the most effective way that I have found... get really really sick and spend some time in the hospital!  When thoughts of suffering and dieing start crossing your mind, suddenly it is VERY important to stop smoking.  In fact, you will do just about anything to avoid going back to that traumatic place!    While I have only been a nonsmoker for 6 days, I am very confident that I am done.  I once quit smoking for 3 years... after going to the ER and fearing for my life.  Why did I start up again?  Alcohol and New Years shananigans. Won't make that mistake again!

Are you taking the basic joys of life for granted?  Maybe you're depressed, grumpy, bored with life or just plain unmotivated?  There's a cure for that... get really sick!  Being sick takes away all the basic enjoyments of life... like eating, sitting comfortably and sleeping.  You truly don't appreciate these things until you can't do them anymore.  While I'm still recovering, I have become incredibly happy to be alive and functioning semi normally.  And I am normally a happy guy, except when sick or tortured by work.  But every tiny victory is a feather in my cap.  I can almost eat a full meal!  Looking forward to eating flavorful foods again.

My blog title may be my favorite quote, but I really don't want to live forever.  Forever is entirely too long!  Nor do I want to die today.  I still have things to do, people and animals to take care of, and a life to live.  So how about somewhere in between?  I don't have forever and can't change the world in a day... but I'm alive again, I'm going to make the most of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment